Dr. Brent Mortenson
Dr. Brent Mortenson graduated from University of Louisville Dental School in 1993. He then trained at the University of Washington as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Resident until 1997. After residency, he worked as an oral surgeon at Dr. Wayne Mortenson’s office in Middletown. He then opened the Oral & Facial Surgery Group office in 2007 on Evergreen Road. In 2011, he opened an additional Oral & Facial Surgery Group office in Frankfort, Ky. Both practices have been very successful because of Dr. Brent’s compassionate care and professional dedication. Dr. Brent has treated thousands of patients over the years. Patients say that it is his caring personality and kind nature that make him such a great oral surgeon.
Dr. Mortenson and his wife, Erin have 4 wonderful children, Kate, Laura, William and Grace. His oldest daughter Kate and her husband, Tyler will be moving to Louisville and Kate will be attending University of Louisville Dental School to follow in her father’s footsteps. Laura is completing a teaching degree and lives in Baltimore with her husband, Justin. William is in College and will serve a two year mission for his church in Peru. Grace is a cheerleader in high school. In his spare time, he likes to spend time with his family at Lake Cumberland.
- Brigham Young University
- University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- University of Washington Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Dental Society of Anesthesia
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the Kentucky Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Kentucky Dental Association
- Member of the Bluegrass Dental Society